What is a liberal?

When I was young, a long time ago, I considered myself as being somewhat liberal, or at least a nonconformist at heart and I still am. Some of the stuff that I was told as a youngster, even by well meaning people, was just all wrong.

As time wears on, reality sets in and changes your perspective on things but you also get caught up in the made to order issues of the politicos and you see how politicians can keep you from viewing what is really going on behind closed doors. Things such as abortion will never be settled by congress and should never be brought up to cloud real issues.

What is being displayed today as being liberal is anything but and it is nothing that I could ever be a part of.

Obama is not a liberal by any standards, he is a dyed in the wool communist and a presidential impostor.

I'm not religious but I believe in the US constitution and everything that it stands for.
I'm not a republican nor democrat instead I place my freedom over any party anytime.
I am a member of the tea party however and will be until someone hijacks it for their own personal use.
Mostly what I am is a US citizen who is way beyond being concerned with losing his freedom. Hell I have been warning folks of this for 40 years or so and until lately was always told that I was just all wet.

These days it is difficult in the least to determine what the definitions of liberals, democrats, republicans, right , left etc. are. But in the majority of the cases it is easy do define most politicians as being charlatans.

Maybe it is time to change all this, if we can. Meanwhile, I'm going to go on thinking that I'm a liberal thinking, freedom loving old foggy who still believes that the constitution is the greatest written contract on earth and still worth while fighting for.

Comments

Popular Posts